As we celebrate Thanksgiving my heart overflows with reminders of God’s goodness. In these quiet moments before the fullness of turkey and shopping, let me express a few words of gratitude in reflecting on all the Lord’s blessings.
- I am thankful that God never gave up on me. Each and every day I am reminded of who I was in my wanderings. Which means that each and every day I am also reminded of who Christ is in his redemption. Our sin is great, but our savior is greater!
- I am thankful for a loving wife. Most will never know the challenge that a pastor’s wife encounters. Shuttling the kids to church by herself. Propping up her husband in his vulnerability. Leading, modeling, and encouraging in so many ways unseen. Today, I give thanks to God for a wife whose calling to me flows from her calling to Christ. I love you Heather.
- I am thankful for my sweet children. Being a father has brought out my very best and very worst. I am thankful God is a great Heavenly Father even when I fall short as an earthly father. But in their resilience, my perseverance, and God’s grace, my children are growing into wonderful people. As each parent will attest, I am undeserving of these little faces that the Lord has entrusted me with, and I pray each day they would know Christ as their savior. They are beautiful and special gifts from God.
- I am thankful to be a Pastor. What a wonderful and sacred calling from the Lord. To shepherd a flock. To lead a congregation. To oversee the affairs of the local body of Christ. For all of these reasons, I count my blessings to be among those very few who have the privilege to be called Pastor.
- I am thankful to be the Pastor of Calvary Baptist Church. Our family has been received with open arms by the sweet Calvary family. Almost a year ago we were introduced to Calvary thru an email from the search team. From then until now, the Lord has immersed us in His favor and the love of this sweet church. Not a day goes by without its share of exhaustion or obstacles. But not a day goes by without a clear sense that God has called the Mallette family to this church and these days. I thank God for what He has done, what He is doing, and what He is getting ready to do at Calvary!
May the Lord bless you richly today and every day. May you sense His presence working in your lives. May you be renewed in your body and in your spirit. God’s blessings to you on this Thanksgiving day!
“Peace to the brothers and sisters, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace be with all who have undying love for our Lord Jesus Christ.” – Ephesians 6:23-24